Saturday, November 23, 2013

Book Page Christmas Tree DIY

Hello everyone,
  In case you didn't see my last youtube video update I'll share my quick update here. As of now this little blog of mine has been a pretty sad site with very sporadic posts and well..not a lot to say, so I've decided to shake things up and hopefully be posting here a lot more often and with lots of different content, from the occasional card to DIY home décor and on into my newest venture..Photography!

 Ok so for today I have my first little DIY project to share. These little trees are so super easy and quick to put together. First I bought some paper mache cones from the craft store..you could also use Styrofoam  cones and extend the top paper to make it pointy since most of them are chopped off at the top. And if you're really feelin crafty you could make your own cones out of thick paper.



 The next step is to find an old book..I bought this one at the thrift store for about 15 cents. It is an old romance novel that happens to be titled "Deck the Halls" so it was perfect for Christmas =) Then all I did was hot glue the pages in all different directions and cut off any excess from the bottom and voila! You could spruce (pun intended) these up with glitter if you wanted but I like the more rustic look.
  Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon with some more of my Christmas diy projects.
                                                                                    - Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment